We work with all kinds of businesses! Clothing boutiques, personal care, farms, and more. If you have a business where you sell or want to sell any sort of products (or even services, our website here is on Shopify as well), our packages are designed for you! If you are in a specialty niche or have advanced website needs - we may need to provide a custom quote and are always happy to do so! We can also chat if you book a call with us here!
What kind of stores/businesses do you work with?
Are your services/packages for Shopify or CommentSold websites?
We love Shopify and CommentSold and we work with both! Our packages have been designed with both ecommerce platforms in mind to be sure that we are optimizing your site on your chosen platform. We do not work with other platforms at this time - we have chosen to specialize and be the BEST at these two instead!
What if I’m not on Shopify or CommentSold?
If you aren’t currently on Shopify or CommentSold, we’d love to help you make the move! Otherwise, our packages are designed for Shopify or CommentSold only.
Do you offer payment plans?
Yes! We offer both Sezzle and ShopPay as payment options - their limits vary (based on your own history with them) so some clients have been able to Sezzle our full package while other clients are only able to Sezzle smaller amounts.
While we love when you use Sezzle and ShopPay - so we don't have to fuss with managing payments - we do offer in-house payment plan options as well. Here are the details on that:
Full Pay: for our primary package, this is $3950, paid upon booking
2 Pay: This incurs a fee of $150, so this is 2 payments of $2050. First payment due upon booking. Second payment due 3 weeks later (unless we are starting your project past that point, in that case, we request the second payment to be due the week we get started on your project).
3 Pay: This incurs a fee of $200, so this is 3 payments of $1383. First payment due upon booking, second payment due 2 weeks later, final payment due another 2 weeks later.
4 Pay: This incurs a fee of $250, so this is 4 payments of $1050. First payment due upon booking, second payment due 2 weeks later, 3rd payment due another 2 weeks later, final payment due another 2 weeks later.
If you have any questions on our payment plans/options, please don't hesitate to ask! We want to make this accessible for you :)!
When will we get started? And when will my site be done?!
Project Start Dates are assigned on a rolling schedule based on availability and booking date. (First come, first served!) Most projects take approx. 4-6 weeks after your project start date from the time we receive all needed info to complete your project.
If you have a specific launch goal or deadline for your website and you want to discuss this prior to booking, please do reach out. We do also offer a rush/priority project fee of $1500 if you need to get started immediately and remain top priority (though we can only allow a limited number of clients to hold priority status at one time).
What are your services and how much do your services cost?
After more than three years and working with over a thousand biz owners, the Hot Mess Team has crafted an amazing standard branding + Website design package for our clients:
We've crafted our services to specifically meet the needs of ecommerce owners. This package covers everything from brand development to website optimization!
- We do also offer branding ONLY on it's own (this does not include website graphics, but rather your full branding development including logo, color scheme and typography, as well as nailing down the overall vibe/aesthetics for your biz. This is currently $2450 (rate as of 9/8/21).
- We do also offer web setup/optimization on it's own (but this does not include any branding or graphics to be designed for your website). This would be a good choice if you have (or are) your own graphic designer or if you do not want to utilize graphics on your website - and instead want to focus on amazing photography (this makes sense particularly for minimal brands)! This is currently $1550 (rate as of 9/8/21).
Branding + Website Design Questions
I want to know AAAAAALLLLLLLLLL the juicy details of your package! Give me the DEETS!
We don't want you to go cross-eyed, so get ready because our branding and website design package includes A LOT!!! Here's all those juicy deets you're looking for....
- Brand Call with the Hot Mess Design Team and 2 x brand revisions
- Custom Brand Guide:
- Choose your style from our Exclusive Catalog
- Color scheme (with color codes for future use)
- Semi-custom typography/font choices (with the option to purchase a license for future use, usually $15-$35)
- Custom logo design including primary logo, text only, Favicon, Alternative Logo, and B&W logo options
- All the Logo files you would ever need including digital, print, AND design files
- Stock photos or client provided photos may be used
- Graphic overlays + instructional video
- Social Media Brand Design Bundle: Custom Covers + 2 x Templates
Premium Setup & Customization with Dawn, Turbo, Impulse, or Icon Theme (Shopify) or CS Webstore 2.0 (CommentSold)
PLEASE NOTE: There is an additional one-time fee to purchase a Shopify theme. Typically $140 - $350 depending on your selection.
- Mobile Optimization
- Revisions to menus and collections, with standard product filters - includes up to 90 minutes of Project Hours with the Hot Mess Team.
- Standard Product Filters setup (Color, Availability)
- Setup of Primary Pages, including standard ready-to-go copy:
- Light copywriting assistance with About Page
- Email Subscriber Pop-Up Setup
- Photo Resizing Magic 2.0 (Shopify Only)
- Sizing Fit Marker Coding (Shopify Only)
- Up to 2 HM Approved Shopify Apps installed, to be done on a call with the Hot Mess Team. (Additional apps can be quoted separately.)
Support & Training:
- UNLIMITED email support DURING your project
- 30 Days email support AFTER your project
- Wrap up call with a member of the Hot Mess Team
Estimated Turnaround Time:
- 4-6 weeks from the time we receive all needed information to complete your project.
- Product Management (including upload/migration, syncing/integration, bulk editing/tags, photos/descriptions) is not included in any of our packages.
- Full wholesale setup (for a wholesale only, or combined retail/wholesale site) will incur an additional cost.
We told you this package is DA BOMB!!
It includes everything you need to have an amazing, beautiful, and fully optimized for success ecommerce website!
So, what are you waiting for??
I already have my own logo/FONTS/color scheme/Full branding. Can you still help me?
All our packages are designed to support biz owners with both branding and website optimization - because they go hand in hand!
We know you'll fall in L-O-V-E with the designs from our expert team! When you work with your dedicated designer* they'll listen to what you want and work to incorporate elements that reflect your style to craft a unique brand for your business.
We understand that sometimes you've worked hard to create something for your biz that you want to keep, and our team will work to incorporate your current branding details when possible. However, we don't offer discounts or changes to our packages if you already have some of your branding in place.
*A dedicated designer and the opportunity for feedback/revisions is included in our Standard and Deluxe packages only. There are no changes, revisions, or customizations for our Starter package.
I need help with Marketing and/or SEO! Do your packages include this?
We love chatting about marketing and SEO strategies and have lots of resources on our blog - but this isn't something we include in our packages. If you need more help in these areas, we can recommend a few other service providers we know and trust!
Which Shopify themes are Hot Mess approved for the package?
We’ve worked with A LOT of Shopify Themes and these are the themes we recommend for our clients:
PAID: Turbo, Icon, or Impulse
And don’t worry - we’ll help you choose the best theme based on your needs!
Why do you only work with certain Shopify themes? What if I already have a paid theme?
Your Shopify Theme is the foundation for a successful ecommerce store. After working with over 1,000 business owners, we've worked with a LOT of themes. We know what works and what doesn't. We've learned what's worth it, and what's fluff. And we've narrowed down the playing field to the themes we know are the strongest foundation for your business.
Buying a paid theme is an investment - and the paid themes we recommend are worth it! And that's why we limit those on our Standard package to only our Hot Mess approved themes.
If you already have your own paid theme you want to keep, or if you're looking at something outside of our approved themes, you'll want to make the upgrade to our Deluxe package. Our Deluxe package allows our team to devote the resources needed to fully optimize your selected theme.
Why don’t your packages include Product Upload/Migration, Product Syncing/Integration, Bulk Editing/Tags, or Product Photos/Descriptions?
Bottom line is - that’s not what we do! We’re here to help you create fierce branding and optimize your website with powerful strategies. When it comes to product management that is something you’ll need to do on your own. But don’t worry! There are a TON of resources out there for you, including some of our own Hot Mess Blogs and Videos!
Can you help me with my POS/hardware questions?
We can give you some limited feedback on your POS, but our services are centered around your branding and getting your Shopify or CommentSold store setup and optimized for results. This doesn't include support or help with your POS. Check out the resources directly from Shopify and CommentSold - they both have tons of how-to help to support you!